Thursday, April 1, 2010

pregnancy is bad for your health

Isn't that the truth, though? One minute I'm barfing up my Lucky Charms, the next I'm craving a cheeseburger. Gross. Good thing I take my vitamins, otherwise who knows what kind of mutant junk-food-craving little sucker I'd end up with. It would still be cute, though, because it would be mine. Right?

These days I am having a hard time finding the motivation to finish out this semester gracefully. Hard to get up for class in the morning. Hard to stay up late to write papers. Hard to balance school and work when I come home from work crying and exhausted. Hard to care about school when something so much better is happening in my life.

Tyler's family is starting to gather this weekend for his older brother's wedding. The company will be a much needed little mental break for us. His two nephews are the cutest and most hilarious kids on the planet, so we always look forward to playing with them. Once again, I am sooooo lucky when it comes to in-laws. I love Tyler's family as if they were my own. My family is hard to deal with sometimes (and his never is) so I am always fascinated with how well they all get along. We can't wait to play games and relax and bask in the wedding bliss!

But most of all, we are excited for my yucky pregnancy sicknesses to go away. And excited for a little bump to show up. Right now I just seem like a psycho for no reason, but when it becomes more obvious that I'm pregnant maybe the tables that I serve at work will have a little sympathy for me :) I can see it now... "That poor, poor pregnant girl who is still serving tables to get by. We should give her a good tip." I'm planning on milking it for all it's worth.

I finally scheduled my first doctor appointment. So today I have to go to the doctor and get some blood work done so they can tell me I'm pregnant. HA! Funny how the whole system works. Hopefully I'll be able to get an ultrasound scheduled soon because we can't wait to hear the little heartbeat.

Until then, folks, it's back to the daily grind. And now I'm off to get a cheeseburger for me and the cute little parasite in my belly. Don't judge me haha

5 comments:

misha~sha-sha said...

Amen. I'm going to the doctor today, too. And I think I'm going to have a cheeseburger, too.

Rach said...

Ooooooh, I am so sorry!! It sucks. There is nothing to get around that. BUT...It will get better. If you don't die first.
HOLD ON TIGHT! :)

Valerie said...

At least you have pregnancy for an excuse about school and work :) I can't go to class or stay up to write papers, and I cry at work, just because I'm crazy. haha feel better!!

Katie Trenerowski said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea! I am so excited for you! You will seriously be such a fun mommy!

JMB said...

Best of luck with the sickness & food cravings! Also, I would love to be a fly on the wall at Tyler's family's house. Tyler is so funny, I think I'd leave there with my sides literally split in two!