There are lots of mother in-law jokes out there. Here are a couple that make me laugh:
"My mother in-law was bitten by a dog yesterday."
"How is she now?"
"Oh, she's fine, but the dog died."
Two men were in a pub.
One says to the other, "My mother in-law is an angel."
The other says, "You're lucky. Mine's still alive."
My mother in-law is a very balanced person.
She's got a chip on BOTH shoulders!
What does a mother in-law call a broom?
Basic transportation!
Okay, enough with the mother in-law jokes. The point of this post is to say that Tyler and I are lucky to have the best moms ever!
Exhibit A:
This is an old photo. I found it while cleaning things out and it made me think of how amazing Tyler's mom Pam is.
Probably the biggest shopping spree of my life. Tyler's mom works at Williams-Sonoma and therefore gets 40% off everything from there and Pottery Barn. What a dream, right?! So after our wedding we went on a serious shopping spree with her and spent all our gift card money with her incredible discount. Needless to say, we have literally EVERYTHING that we need in our kitchen. She was so sneaky and it was so fun picking everything out with her expert recommendations. She is a culinary genius if you ask me. Seriously.
Exhibit B:
We are lucky to live near my parents right now. Not only do we love their incredible advice and hilarious stories, but they cook dinner for us once a week. And always take recommendations. Oh, and when I said they cook for us, I really just meant my mom. My dad is absolutely useless in the kitchen. Absolutely useless. And it's hilarious.
Anyway. Last Sunday we were up there hanging out after church and my mom says, so what do you guys feel like for dinner? My reply was something easy -- how about spaghetti or lasagna? But Tyler's answer was (of course) filet mignon, because it's the most expensive and delicious meal that he can think of on a Sunday evening. He said it out of random desire, mostly. But then good old Cindy replies with, okay, we've got some filets! How do you like it cooked? Seriously. That woman is a dream. So we had filet mignon for dinner. And Rod was happy about it, too.
It breaks my heart to think about the day that we will move away from Utah and my family. But at the same time, if that means we move closer to Tyler's family and get to see them more often, it will still feel like home. We're so lucky to get along so well with each other's families. It would really suck to hate my mother in-law.
1 comment:
I feel the same way. I am blessed with a wonderful mother in law too. I hear horror stories and I realize more and more how fortunate I am.
I wish I got to take advantage of that discount more often!
Post a Comment