Preface to this post:
We live in a two-bedroom house. Our house is old, but the landlord built a little addition on the side. It's a little one-bedroom studio apartment type-thing for their daughter. Since the beginning of summer, though, both of her older brothers are living there, too. Yikes. Our landlord tried converting the garage into another apartment for them but didn't finish it in time. Basically the garage is still a garage, but it has a working bathroom and a queen-sized bed in it. And it's bloody hot out, so actually sleeping in there would be terrible. So they all stay in the tiny studio apartment.
Usually we can't hear them, but if they have friends over or if their voices are elevated at all, we get an earful. And I'm sure it's the same for them. So sometimes we get delightful background noise coming through the vents. It's really not a problem, though. Just a quirky thing about living here, ya know? But sometimes it makes Mr. Right a little paranoid that they can hear us. For one thing, when I really think something is funny I laugh ridiculously loud. Also we love watching movies. And sometimes I play loud music while I clean. At times like these, he gives me this look (always the same look) and says, "Krys, the neighbors can hear you!" But I don't really care because they don't seem to care that we can hear them, so why should I care that they can hear us? Or maybe they can't hear us. I don't know.
So that is the preface to this post. Kind of a long preface.
But.
This evening as I was perusing the internet, I came across these beauties:
They are all my favorite classics with beautifully designed covers by Coralie Bickford-Smith. It was love at first sight and I have to admit that I was majorly freaking out when I saw them. First of all, I love books. And I love pretty things. And I love creative designs, thanks to my genius husband. And these gorgeous books combine all of those loves into one perfect collectible set.
So when I saw them, I had a heart attack. And started yelling. I know, I am totally embarrassing. But I started yelling things like,
"Oh my gosh I want you! I want you so bad! Ahhhhhh!!! I need you!!!! I want you!!!! Get in my bookshelves!!!"
And then came that look.
And Mr. Right said... "Krys, the neighbors can totally hear you right now!"
And then we started laughing hysterically because of what the neighbors were probably thinking that we were doing while I was screaming "I want you" like a maniac at the top of my lungs.
Hmmmmmm....
Sorry about that, neighbors. Poor single neighbors. I once lived in a house that had a newlywed couple in the basement, and let me just say that we heard a lot of crazy noises. And I mean crazy. But that's a different story for a different post. Actually not, because it's too ridiculous to post on a public blog. But it was really funny to me today that I was sort of like our ridiculous newlywed neighbors for a minute. Aw... our poor single neighbors.
But... I really do need those books on my bookshelves.
Real bad.
Real bad.

5 comments:
holy cow...that is so funny! We all love those awesome stories in our lives of when we over heard somehting we should not have. so I hope they were home and got a good story to tell to all of their friends. :0). thanks for the call last night, you made my day...
You made me laugh out loud! Luckily my neighbors couldn't hear me...
Hahahaha - Oh my gosh, that is awesome. Thanks for making me laugh today. :) I've seen those books and I love them too!
i've seen these. obsessed.
SOOOO funny. I have seen those at Anthropologie, if you want to see them in person! Which would you choose if you got to pick your top three?
Post a Comment