Tuesday, May 4, 2010

first baby purchases

In other news, we got our crib from Pottery Barn Kids in the mail a little bit ago. The box is humongous and we have no idea what to do with it yet because we don't really have room to set it up until we finish cleaning out and organizing our office/study room. And did I mention that it weights 120 pounds?? So right now it is sitting in our living room taking up most of the entry way. Even though we don't have a mattress yet or any bedding (because where on earth can you find cute crib bedding?), I'm still excited to get it all set up. It's the only piece of furniture that we own that isn't from a thrift store haha.

This is the crib we got, with the help of Tyler's wonderful mother:


But in this color:
Sun Valley Honey

Also, we have been scouring Deseret Industries for a nice rocking chair and a changing table and, can you believe it, I found both in one day! After two months of looking, I found them both at the D.I. in American Fork with my mom. We went there on a whim, but we decided that it was definitely meant to be. All the other rocking chairs were priced at $50, but this one was by far the nicest and sturdiest and it was only $20! Pretty sure it was a pricing error, but I don't even care. And the changing table is sturdy and matches the stain on our crib really well, so we were really excited about it.

It's kind of crazy looking at all these things and thinking that I'm actually going to have a baby soon. I'm going to be rocking my baby late at night in that chair and getting peed on daily while changing it on that little table. Weird. Some days I am so ready, and other days I completely lose it and can't believe we were dumb enough to think that we are ready to be parents. But that's the adventure of it all, and I am trying to soak it all in and live in each moment that comes my way.

3 comments:

Likely said...

so cute!!! it will become more real once you know the sex and start shopping and setting up that nursery and START SHOWING!!!!

Likely said...

oh, and when the baby starts kicking --- that is great!

Dayna said...

that is awesome!!! definitely meant to be. i wanna see your lovely purchases in person some time!