Saturday, April 24, 2010

baby stuff

Is there some sort of unwritten rule that all strollers, car seats, and crib bedding haaaave to have flowers, cartoons, baby animals, and other ridiculous and cheesy garbage all over them? What's wrong with black, white, and gray, people? Just because babies are either boys or girls, that doesn't mean that everything has to be either pink or blue. When you are a grown up do girls only wear pink and boys only wear blue? No. So please don't make me push around a pink stroller with baby elephants and giraffes all over it. It's disgusting.

I absolutely cannot find any crib bedding that I like, so I think I might have to make some, which is a sort of scary thought. And I have found only two strollers that I would even consider. They're both Chicco brand and a little pricier, but I honestly think it's worth it so that I'm not embarrassed to be with my own child in his cheesy get-up haha. Any suggestions from other moms out there? How do you find stuff for your kids that goes with your personal style as well? Is it really impossible, or am I not looking hard enough? Please help!




4 comments:

AnnieBC said...

Krystyna,
Congrats on Baby to be! How exciting to have your first? I wanted to comment and hopefully give you some ideas for baby "stuff" that you may like. First of all, try ETSY. They have a huge selection of children's items and most likely you could find some bedding that you like. Also, The Land of Nod is a website that I really like for children's items. It's a bit $$, but all of their stuff is very high quality.
Another website I like for kids items is BuyBuyBaby.com. They have a huge selection of all baby items.
Enjoy your pregnancy

Cortney said...

I'm not a mom yet, but I can express a little frustration in this category. Buying stuff for Max and Oliver is difficult sometimes. Why does nearly every outfit for a boy have to say things like "Daddy's little slugger" "MVP" "All Star"..??

Shana Kummer said...

Krystyna,
I found your blog off of Mara's. Congratulations on the baby. I have had the Chicco set for my two little ones and I have to say even though they are a little pricey they are sure worth the money. Very good carseat and stroller. Also I had a hard time finding bedding for Paisley because I didn't like anything but I searched ebay and there are a lot of boutiques on there that sell baby bedding that I didn't find in stores and you can get a full set for around 70. Hope this helps and good luck with the pregnancy.

Likely said...

DUDE! tell me about it. I blogged about taht too when I was preg. with Oliver. I couldn't find a carseat in anything but winnie the stinkin' pooh and like dumb circus animals. I ended up ordering something I really liked online, on ebay I think. for the same price. Online shopping is best with this stuff, and it comes right to your door.

My mom made Max's bedding (bumper and quilt). I got plain white sheets for my cribs. I think white sheets are best because you can bleach them and the only colored sheet I have is so faded an ugly now. Go white for sheets. it looks nice with your sweet baby too.

go neutral as much as possible with all carseats and stroller stuff....you will be glad you did. You can cutesy things up with their cute blankets and stuff...