Monday, March 15, 2010

puppy hungry

Tyler and I both love dogs and we dream of the day when we will have our own house with a fenced yard so we can have a fun family dog. I always had big dogs growing up, and Tyler only had a miniature poodle, but we both like the idea of medium to big breeds to take to the beach and on hikes and jogs, ya know?

There are a few breeds that we love, but we've decided that we definitely want our first dog to be an Airedale Terrier. We are pretty much obsessed. Can you blame us, though? Look at these pictures! And if you read the Wikipedia article linked above, you will want one, too. They are incredibly loyal, smart and obedient dogs who will do anything to please the ones they love. They were used in WWI and WWII as messenger dogs because they are so smart and obedient. There is a story on there of an Airedale that ran through enemy lines, got shot several times, broke his leg, but still made it to deliver his message and then died on the spot. Seriously. That kind of heroism in a dog just melts my heart! Okay, now look at these pictures. We can't wait for the day we can own one. We want to name him something hoity-toity British like Charles or Henry or something. We'll see, though. To get a dog, usually you have to own a home first and we're a long ways from there!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

That is so funny! Peter and I have been talking A LOT about getting a dog lately. It's a little less scary than having a child it think... :)

misha~sha-sha said...

Aw, come on...don't you want a mini schnauzer named Bella?

Madison said...

AH! I LOVE Airedales! They are such beautiful dogs! I fell in love with them years ago when I worked at Petco and a customer always brought his in. Good choice!

Unknown said...

omg, my bestie has this dog, and he is the CUTEST most loyal, and happiest dog i've ever met ever