Tonight is Night #1 of my husband being gone on his first ever business trip since we've been married. He only just left a few hours ago, but I'm already a mess without him. And the worst part is that he doesn't even have a cell phone for me to call him because it is broken. Boo. All my doors are locked and all the lights are on. Hopefully the bad guys don't realize that there's a poor, helpless, lonely girl all alone in here.
Am I being dramatic?
I think of my mother and the loneliness she must have felt over the years. My dad had various jobs throughout their marriage, most of which seemed to require him to travel lots. My dad loves traveling, so this was good for him. But it always left my mom alone with lots of little mouths to feed. Eight to be exact. At least I don't have eight mouths to feed while I'm all alone here. But then I guess I would have eight little friends to keep me company, too...
Maybe I should just go to bed. Then when I wake up Night #1 will be over and I will be that much closer to Sunday night when he comes home. Hmmmm... Sounds like a good plan.
4 comments:
Bella will be there soon to keep you company!
Oh krys, I wish I lived in Provo so that we could have a slumber party while your Mister is gone.
I HATE being by myself at night. Unfortunately, I am a
worst-case-scenerio kind of girl and can think of some pretty scary things. I always keep the lights on, usually have music going or the TV is on (even if I am not watching it)... I find these things hide other noises. You know..the ones the "bad guys" make. Too bad they don't have like a "rent-a-dog" so you can have a little company/protection while you are by yourself. Call if you need too! love you, sister.
i remember my night #1. it stinks. but it gets better. ok, thats a lie, it never gets better.
feel free to come sleep here if you ever get scared!
oh sweetie, I am so sorry! It is rough when the mister is away for sure. I think even worse when you don't have kids as a distraction. well, I guess it's hard in a different way when you have kids.
I always try to think about the good things --- not having to stress about what to have for dinner. I have whole wheat toast with peanut butter and jam like for every meal. also, I don't have to clean up the house right away...
and I always try to get a surprise project donewhile he is away. Paint something, clean something out, make something for the house.... just to pass the time and have a surprise for him when he gets back...
And I always have the tv and music gong too, just to pretend someone else is there!
Post a Comment