Today I saw this headband that the lovely Naomi of Rockstar Diaries made and decided that I absolutely needed one.

I headed to DI and got some old zippers in a few cute colors for 50 cents each. Then I looked up this tutorial and voila! It was so simple, and I am super happy with the results. It took me about 40 minutes to make, but I think the next one will only take half the time. After it was finished I attached it to an alligator clippy, but you could also put it on a bobby, a headband or a pin to wear as a brooch. After Tyler took these pictures for me, I was almost shocked. Is my hair really that brown? Maybe my natural color isn't such a good idea after all... hmm...
Martha Stewart also has a tutorial on how to make zipper flowers here, but hers weren't the style I was going for. Still cute, though.

Sometimes I feel like I don't have time to make anything because of school, but if I sat down once or twice a week knowing exactly what I'm going to do and spend an hour or so on it, I could probably make a ton of stuff! I just need to plan my days and manage my time better. I'm so happy I did this tonight though. Such a fun little mental break!
3 comments:
I saw these the other day and I think they are adorable! Good for you for taking the time to make one, you've inspired me to try it:)
SO cute, krys! Wish all of us girls could lock ourselves up in a room together and
play/be creative. Someday... :)
So cute! Did you make me one?
Post a Comment