
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
life goals...
When I was young (7th or 8th grade) I made this fabulous "Life Goals List" and if you know me at all, you will know that that isn't weird at all. I love to plan out my life, plan what I'm doing this week, plan what the summer will be like, etc... I'm a major dreamer and idealist and a lot of times quit when I get bored because I like planning more than I like doing haha. My life goals list is different, though. Those are serious. And do you know what life goal number one is? When I was in 7th or 8th grade or whenever I made this list, I decided that I wasn't going to get married young and naive like so many LDS girls do these days, so I made a goal (this was actually the initial goal that inspired me to write the entire life goals list -- that's how important this goal is). The goal was to go to FIVE continents before I could get married. And you know what? I'm getting married and I've only been to FOUR! (only 4, how sad... jk) But guess what. This little girl has been saving her money like CRAZY and checking plane tickets like it's her job and she found the one. The plane ticket that is going to take her to her FIFTH CONTINENT!!!!! That's right, folks. This little girl just bought a plane ticket to South America and there is nothing anyone can do to stop her from going! My best friend Angelina is living in Peru right now and my friend Emily and Angelina's brother Carlo and I are going to go visit her at the end of the semester!!! I am so excited that I could just burst! The plane ticket was ridiculously cheap (cheaper than I paid to go to NYC last summer haha) and once we get down there we won't have a lot of expenses because everything is so cheap down there. Wow. I can't believe that I am finally achieving this goal -- it really means so much to me. And Tyler is amazing! He supports me in all my goals and dreams, no matter how silly and stands behind me no matter what! I am so excited for this South American adventure and so excited to accomplish this goal! First stop: Machu Picchu.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
JEALOUS!!!! btw that was a really good and clever goal for the mind of a 7/8th grader. And I am beyond impressed that you are going to accomplish it!
I am jealous too!! Take me with you!
That is so cool! And you will definitely have to give us a visit this summer and some tips on what to do in NYC! Have fun in peru and way to go on achieving your goal!
Post a Comment