Monday, March 9, 2009
getting married is stressful!!!
I had no idea how stressful it would actually be... until this past week! We've been trying to find housing, and to find married housing in Provo you pretty much have to LIVE on BYU's housing website. For instance: there was a great house posted this evening around 7pm. Tyler and I noticed it around 8pm and were there are the house at 8:20pm. Don't worry, though, several couples had already come to look at it and the contract was sold JUST before we got there... literally... the guy said he JUST hung up the phone with a couple that had JUST come by and they said they would take it. Sold in less than 2 hours. How can we keep up with that??? Not to mention the fact that my classes are RIDICULOUSLY hard and on top of my endless homework I have to do all these things like register, pick out colors, design invitations, find lace that isn't too ugly for my dress (which I am finding is near impossible unless I want to spend a thousand dollars), find favors, synchronize contact lists.... not to mention feeding and clothing myself, which is definitely taking a backseat lately. I always heard that it was stressful to plan a wedding, but I really thought that was all hogwash made up by bridezilla girls who were awful and nitpicky and unbearable... I guess it turns out I'm just as picky as they are, it's just that my tastes aren't as expensive haha. Oh man... I just can't wait to be married -- why does everything up until that point have to be so darn difficult? I guess getting eloped still isn't out of the question.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha oh my gosh, i didn't even know you two were engaged. i'm so out of the loop. congrats! and don't worry, everything works out in the end and you end up married no matter if all the little details work out perfectly. good luck with planning! it can actually be kind of fun. i'm sure it will turn out beautiful!
The semester I was engaged, I got a C in sewing- sewing!!! Pathetic! Don't let yourself get too stressed out, sweetie!
Hey- if you do decide to elope we'll still totally be there!!! haha jk. I can only imagine how stressed you must be- I was so stressed out and I was home/took off school to plan so wedding was pretty much the only thing on my plate. You'll be surprised though that everything will pretty much fall into place. If you need help with ANYTHING call me!!!
Post a Comment