Thursday, October 7, 2010

sneak peak

Here is a little sneak peak of our nursery.

 
Tyler's mom Pam made the bedding. It just arrived in the mail today and let me tell you... it is absolutely gorgeous! I picked out the fabric this past summer and haven't seen it since, and I was so so pleased with the finished product. Pam is so great!



These are some "before" pictures of our thrifted rocking chair. It's really sturdy wood and the cushion is super comfy, but needless to say it's a little outdated. So I recovered the cushion and we stripped and painted the chair. "After" pictures to come!

We are so close to being totally finished with the nursery. Just a little more paint and a little more cleaning (curse this old house -- there is dirt encrusted everywhere!) and we should be good to go!

Two and a half weeks until my due date. Every night I have been having pretty intense contractions, though, so we'll see if I make it that long. And truthfully, I would LOVE to get her a little early! Not only am I excited to meet her and hold her, but I'm getting a little tired of her taking up all that room in my body. My poor organs are starting to complain. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow, so I'll find out if I'm starting to dilate and all that good stuff. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

what doctor's office do you go to?

A. Verzello said...

You are such a tease! The bedding looks beautiful and I'm sure the rocking chair turned out great. What a good find that was. Can't wait to see more from your nursery!

Likely said...

LOVE the quilt! Can't wait to get mine too (wink). I want to see a pc of the whole thing. I will be patient. I want to see your rocker too! I love fun projects like those. That room will be adorable!