Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the girl effect.

I know I'm pregnant and extra emotionally retarded right now....

...but this video made me cry. It's so true.


Women have always had a powerful effect on those they come in contact with. If we could lift women up who are struggling in these terrible conditions, I truly believe the world would be a much better place.

This organization is attempting to do just that -- lift girls up from their impoverished circumstances and allow them to rise above and help others along the way. It is so natural for women to want to bless the lives of others when they have excess, and so it makes sense to help out girls who need it. On their website, they say that research in developing countries has shown that a woman will give 80% of her resources to her family, while a man will only give 30-40 %. When families are strengthened by that empowered woman, the whole community will be strengthened, and that community will be able to strengthen those around it until the whole nation (and world) can benefit from strong families and communities. It really is that simple. Watch the video above. Visit the website. Let's all do what we can to make the world a better place, one girl, one family, and one community at a time.

3 comments:

Angie said...

WELL SAID! I love this!

Anonymous said...

not just you...i am crying too! oh wait..maybe its just US. oh man. but really, that was very inspiring, Kiki, thanks!

Likely said...

I watched this they day you posted it an I cried when it came to the part that said GIRL. it was wonderful!