Monday, September 21, 2009

my big sister...

Happy birthday, Mara!


Here are 10 reasons why my big sister Mara is so special to me:

1. She is so thoughtful! She will be at a store and find something that reminds her of me and buy it for me for no reason.. How sweet is that?!

2. She inspires me. Like that time she made me join cross country so I could get in shape...

3. She is so likable.She one of those people that you meet and instantly like.

4. She just cares. She is the one in our family that will notice when someone is having a bad day, no matter how hard they pretend that they are fine. She is always in tune with others and will always lend a helping hand or listening ear.

5. She has amazing style!! She (and her children) always look adorable!

6. She is always giving. I can't even count how many times she worked hard to make something for herself, then when I see it and love it, she freely gives it to me. She would rather give something to me and make me happy than have it for herself.

7. She is so gosh darn crafty! From sewing little dresses for her daughter Annie, to adding embellishments to t-shirts, to scrapbooking and making amazing cards... you name it and she can make it beautiful.

8. She exudes happiness. No matter what is going on in her own life and no matter how busy she is, she always seems to have a smile on her face. She has an radiant glow about her that makes you want to be near her all the time.

9. She's a great mom. I seriously want to be just like her when I have kids.

10. She never gets sick of me... :) She's been my sister and best friend my entire life and she knows me better than I even know myself sometimes! She knows how lame and selfish and boring I am and she still loves me in spite of it all.

I love you so much, Mara! Happy 24th birthday!

5 comments:

Rach said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Mara is such an amazing person! (And she makes such CUTE babies!!)

tollestrupfamily said...

I love Mara too! You are so lucky to have so many sisters!

Jax said...

I agree with everything you said, I love that girl! On our recent trip to Lake Powell, I had a few of the wives mention to me later that Mara is the sweetest, kindest, and most selfless person they had ever met. They had only met her this one time and experienced only a few days with her. What a great complement and she deserves it completely. Happy Birthday Mara. Thanks Kryssy for allowing me to comment on this post. I Love you too!

Koren Crosby said...

That is exactly how Mara is, and more, We love her very much, and so glad that she is part of our family..
Chet is a lucky man!

Anonymous said...

Kiki, my kiki. I love you so so much. You have made my year with the things you said. what better a present can anyone get? Thank you Kryssy, i love you right back (only more cause I'm older of course..2 years older now, ya? until your next bday...)