Friday, October 3, 2008

let me introduce you to my new couch.

I just bought a couch and I am so happy about it! It's a very old couch, but it's new to me which is all that counts. It was a steal of a deal considering how authentic it is and it fits perfectly in the little nook I have in my bedroom. I couldn't be more excited!

Aren't the legs just gorgeous? They are so retro 1960's vintage-looking and I think they really give the couch a fun, urban/modern flair. I also really love that there is only an arm on one end because I can lie down on it with a book and let my feet hang off the other end instead of having to scrunch myself up... and it looks cute! Even though it's so old it is surprisingly sturdy which is what explains its great condition. All it really needs is some new foam for the seat cushions because the original foam is pretty hard and sort of rotting... the only problem is that foam is seriously expensive! It will cost more money to replace the foam for the cushions than it did for the entire couch. Such a shame. It will be well worth it in the end, though... I'll have a sweet vintage couch that is actually comfortable! Yay! In the meantime, however, I am pretty poor and trying to save money so I have a vintage couch that looks cool but isn't exactly the comfiest thing ever. I still love it, though! And someday when I can scrounge up $100 I will treat this pretty little lady to some extra soft brand new cushions and then she'll feel like a million bucks. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the couch! I saw some foam at Joann the other day for about $40 for a huge long piece...maybe check it out? i love that you love vintage, i do too. love ya kryss

misha~sha-sha said...

Let me tell you about my new couch...sort of like....Hello, meet my couch. Just wondering if you have ever seen that company that makes those slips with the long ruffles on it. I just saw one and thought of you. We should make some!