Monday, March 19, 2012

I am a blog neglecter.

Wow. I have been seriously neglecting my poor blog. I don't know if you feel this way, too, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the amazingly cute blogs out there. And then I feel like my life is so simple and boring that I have nothing to write about. And I am the worst at taking pictures. Or else I take a bunch of pictures and never upload or edit them. I am basically sitting on about a hundred and fifty blog posts worth of photos that I just haven't done anything with. Maybe someday?

But then I take a step back and look at my life, and I really am happy. And we have lots of fun in the moments that we can. I guess I'm just living my life for reals instead of sitting behind a camera and looking at it through a lens and posting only the cutest pictures so everyone will think my life is more perfect than it really is. Is that bad of me to say? When I look at some of these adorable famous blogs, I go back and forth between feeling slightly jealous of their perfect life and wondering what their life is really like. Because if there is one thing that I have learned in my own life, it is that life is never perfect. We each have our personal trials and disappointments that we don't always want the rest of the world to know about.

This has been a challenging and rewarding school year for us. I say school year even though I am not in school anymore because my husband's school schedule seems to rule our life these days. Boy, I can't wait for him to graduate already. Living with my parents has been really interesting, too. My mom is a warrior and such an incredible example to me. She is so clean, so organized, so devoted to her family and will work until she drops dead from exhaustion at the end of the day. I've really learned a lot from her. Free rent is cool, but it seems like we have been having our rent's worth of problems each month with car issues, school fees and Saron's growing out of everything the minute we buy it. That girl's feet grow a size a month, I swear! But the best part about living here is the special bond that Saron has with my parents and with her cousins. When we lived in Provo I didn't make the drive up too often, but living with my mom means that we have visitors almost every day. Sometimes just for a minute, other times for most of the day. Saron loves her cousins so much and talks about them all day when they're not here. It's really cute. She mentions everyone by name and jabbers on about them in her adorable little language. She is such a people person. Even at this small age, it's so obvious how much relationships mean to her.

Tyler spent a week in New York this month with his class and the director of his program at school. He totally fell in love with the city and had such an amazing time. It got us both really excited to hopefully live there this summer. He got his portfolio and resume all ready and interviewed at a couple of places, so we'll see what happens. No matter what internship he gets I know we are going to have a total blast this summer! And it's fun to see Tyler so inspired. At home it's mostly just work work work, so for him to take a vacation and soak up all the creativity that NYC has to offer was really motivating for him. It's good for him to see the real world and to see what's really out there. He hasn't traveled much and has spent most of his college career either married to his job, or married to his family, so it's hard for him to take time for himself. I really believe in him and think he is a fantastic artist, and I love when he gets excited about new ideas. Living in New York would be so great for his creativity and for our little family. It would push our limits and get us out more, which would be good because we are kinda trapped in Cedar Hills a little bit because it's not really close to anything. And I'm sure we'll meet a lot of really fun people out there and make some cool friends! And hopefully it will turn into a real job so that next year when he graduates we can move to NYC for good!

I keep making goals to blog at least once a week, but never do it. Maybe this post will be the kick start that I need. It's a kinda long one with lots of information, but hey, I gotta write all this down sometime!

2 comments:

Dayna said...

My theory is, if you don't feel blogging, then don't. Whenever blogging starts to feel like a job or I feel "pressure" to blog, I stop, and then I pick it up again when I want to and when it is fun. I know what you mean about the "wondering what people's lives are really like", cause I've often thought that too, but then I consider: who really wants to blog about the negative stuff, anyway? It isn't really fun to harp on the negative, or to look back on bad memories. And in my opinion, it isn't even really fun to read. You know what I mean? But that doesn't mean they don't have them or that they are trying to hide them. Usually I just try to take a blog for what it most likely is- real life happy moments the blogger wants to remember, and/or interests and passions they enjoy and want to share with others. And for every talented blog out there, there is always someone better at it. I doubt that most blogger's motives are to try and portray a perfect life to their readers in an effort to make them jealous, or to make readers feel bad about themselves. While there are probably some, I assume most blog for the same reasons you or I do- it can be a very fun hobby and a great way to keep friends and family informed, store fun pictures and precious fleeting moments that you want to look back on and enjoy, and a place to motivate and inspire others that might be reading along. I especially love blogging while living abroad because it helps me recognize my blessings and the beautiful things in my life during a time when I could easily dwell on the negative (like how I miss my family and friends back home). And while I do post often, and I definitely take a lot of pictures, they are still very real, and I don't feel like I've been living behind a lens (well, maybe for the 3 or 4 minutes it takes to snap them!). Any way, I love reading your updates- but never feel pressure to blog! No one would ever judge you for it! We miss you guys and that sweet beautiful girl of yours. Vinny is anxious to give her some open mouthed kisses. :)

Dayna said...

Wow. Had no idea how long that would end up!!!!!! LOL!