What a day!
Here is my favorite gift that I received:
Here is my favorite gift that I received:

Tyler surprised me with this beautiful picture.
It is a photograph of the Saron Chapel in a tiny town in Wales called Maesteg. It's the town where my grandfather grew up and this is the chapel where he and his family worshipped for generations. My great-great grandparents and many other relatives are buried here and when I was 19 years old my family took a trip to visit. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. It was so amazing to see where my grandfather grew up and to visualize what my life would be like had he not immigrated to America and had my parents not found the Gospel.
This chapel had such a powerful effect on me that I decided that I would name one of my daughters Saron someday. And now that I am pregnant with my first daughter, we feel that her name is Saron. I hope that she gets to visit this beautiful chapel someday to have the incredible experience that I had, too.
This chapel had such a powerful effect on me that I decided that I would name one of my daughters Saron someday. And now that I am pregnant with my first daughter, we feel that her name is Saron. I hope that she gets to visit this beautiful chapel someday to have the incredible experience that I had, too.
Saron means "star" in Welsh, and I can't wait for my little star to be born.
Best. birthday. ever.
Thanks, Ty :)
Best. birthday. ever.
Thanks, Ty :)
5 comments:
oh man! I am such a loser! Happy Burthday Krys!!! We love you so much. What an awesome present. Ty has always been a good gift giver. So thoughtful.
Here is a message from Max:
your birthday is coming
(I told him it was your birthday and this is what he said he wanted to write and he typed it while I told him the letters.)
Here is a message from Oliver:
oooooopooi
(oh pooey?- ha ha! He love pushing the "O" everytime I get on the computer. I think he meant - oh pooey, we forgot to call you!!!! It was so funny. He pushed the o a bunch of times and then I said are there any other letters you want to push he said, "yes, this one, and it was the p and then after pushing a couple more he said "that enough"
so funny)
We all love you so much and hope it was an awesome day!
I love it and love all the sentiment behind it. makes it so much more special that way. happy birthday!
such a beautiful post..I can't wait to meet Saron! Happy Birthday!
krystyna, this is an INCREDIBLE story and thus love the meaning behind this present. I love that name too for your little girl! So so sweet.
xo
Happy belated birthday K! That photograph is beautiful and the story behind it even more so. It's very nice that the name of the chapel just so happens to make a beautiful and unique baby name :)
Post a Comment