Mr. Right and I went on a real date last night. Can you believe it? A real date! I love real dates with my husband more than anything, I think. It was wonderful.... except...
There are two new restaurants that have recently opened in Provo. One is Communal from the creators of Pizzeria 712 that we have been dying to try. The other is the Pizza Pie Cafe that we drive by so often on University Parkway. We were deciding between these two because (1) we always like to go to local places instead of chains and (2) we love trying new things. We were both in a sort of laid-back mood, so we decided to go with pizza.
Yeah... kind of a mistake.
There was so much hype about Pizza Pie Cafe. They have huge spotlights out front and big signs saying it's the best pizza ever and they are audaciously located just across the street from local legend The Pizza Fa
ctory. They must be good, we thought. Unfortunately we thought wrong, and needless to say, we were sorely disappointed... You pay at the door and get a paper cup, then you grab a plate and eat warm-ish pizza that has been sitting under a heating lamp for 20 minutes. Now, I agree that all-you-can-eat restaurants have their place. But that place is not right in the middle of t&k's fancy date night. The pizza was okay, and I might consider going there with a big group of kids for a birthday party or something because it's easy and pretty cheap, but to be perfectly honest..... we will probably never go there again. So please let this be a warning to you, and don't go to the Pizza Pie Cafe expecting something delicious, original, or classy. The Pizza Factory and Brick Oven Pizza (our favorite local places) absolutely CRUSH them. Next time, we're going to Communal for sure.
The end of our date was wonderful. We finally saw Where the Wild Things Are and absolutely loved it. What a beautiful story. And Ty and I both agreed that the boy was cast perfectly. Haven't we all felt like that sweet little boy? I know I sure have. Loved it. We definitely recommend that one.
There are two new restaurants that have recently opened in Provo. One is Communal from the creators of Pizzeria 712 that we have been dying to try. The other is the Pizza Pie Cafe that we drive by so often on University Parkway. We were deciding between these two because (1) we always like to go to local places instead of chains and (2) we love trying new things. We were both in a sort of laid-back mood, so we decided to go with pizza.
Yeah... kind of a mistake.
There was so much hype about Pizza Pie Cafe. They have huge spotlights out front and big signs saying it's the best pizza ever and they are audaciously located just across the street from local legend The Pizza Fa
ctory. They must be good, we thought. Unfortunately we thought wrong, and needless to say, we were sorely disappointed... You pay at the door and get a paper cup, then you grab a plate and eat warm-ish pizza that has been sitting under a heating lamp for 20 minutes. Now, I agree that all-you-can-eat restaurants have their place. But that place is not right in the middle of t&k's fancy date night. The pizza was okay, and I might consider going there with a big group of kids for a birthday party or something because it's easy and pretty cheap, but to be perfectly honest..... we will probably never go there again. So please let this be a warning to you, and don't go to the Pizza Pie Cafe expecting something delicious, original, or classy. The Pizza Factory and Brick Oven Pizza (our favorite local places) absolutely CRUSH them. Next time, we're going to Communal for sure.The end of our date was wonderful. We finally saw Where the Wild Things Are and absolutely loved it. What a beautiful story. And Ty and I both agreed that the boy was cast perfectly. Haven't we all felt like that sweet little boy? I know I sure have. Loved it. We definitely recommend that one.
4 comments:
I loved communal! and I loved where the wild things are!
We should definitely hang out. I'm glad you guys got to go on a real date. They kind of dissapear once you're married.
Good to know. I have driven by there and always wondered what it was all about. Thanks for the heads up- we will definitely not be going there now. And we too have really wanted to try Communal!! We should go together because I hear its a place where you want to go with at least a couple other people because its one of those restaurants where you order your meat or whatever and then pick a few sides that are large and you share. So next time you get the urge to go... call us!
hip hip hooray!!!! Oh, I loved that movie too and I am SOOOOOOOO happy you two liked it as well. I somehow knew you would.
I think Communal will have to be on a non-movie night. I don't think Communal and then $20 for the movies go together. You are going to drop some money going there.
Can't go wrong with The PF -- did you know I used to waitress there? BBQ chicken pizza, or bowtie chicken caesar, raspberry lemonade and Never on Sundae. The Brick Oven's salad bar is much better though.
I did a project on Communal earlier this week and spent an afternoon just hanging out there and talking with the owners and chefs and servers. I tried a dessert that was DIVINE. You have to go! I've been dying to eat there and that dessert was just a teaser. The chef there told me that the hamburger was one of his favorites - just an FYI. Plus the inside has such a fun mood!
Post a Comment