Saturday, September 26, 2009

the hogle zoo... aka Krystyna died and went to heaven.

Last Saturday we went to the Hogle Zoo with our friends Dave and Jessica. I've been DYING to go ever since I heard about all their new baby animals. Let me just tell you right now... run, don't walk over to that zoo if you live in Utah! The babies were AMAZING!!!!

3 tiger kittens. Adorable.

Snow leopard kitten. Not a good pic, but it was SO cute.
Big goofy bears. Not babies, but still so cute and cuddly!

Daddy and baby orangutans, just hanging out. They were having a blast together! I wish I had better pictures or a video. They were grooming each other and swinging around on the ropes and ladders and hugging and stuff while the mama sat and watched. It was totally adorable!

Jessica and I always joke that Tyler and Dave love each other more than they love us... it's kind of true haha. Jess and I were walking up ahead and we turned around and saw these two walking together with Dave carrying Jess's purse... we had to get a picture because they totally looked like a cute little couple hahaha

This specimen was not behind bars, but I still think he is a wild animal.

This is the little baby giraffe. So stinking cute! It was trotting around and following it's mama everywhere and it was so adorable to watch.

Did you know that giraffes used to be my very favorite animal? I even won a poetry contest in elementary school about how much I wanted a pet giraffe.

And now, last but not least..... Baby Zuri! This was the reason that I most was excited for the zoo. I've never seen a baby elephant in real life, but from the pictures I've seen they are the cutest. babies. ever. And Zuri did not disappoint. This pictures seriously do not do her amazing-ness justice, so I posted a video below from the Desert News that will make your heart melt! You seriously have to see her in person, though. She was so playful and fun to watch!

Dave, Jess and Tyler


Best. Day. Ever. I love the zoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to go to the zoo so bad! i have only been once, before i was married with the preschool i taught at. Lukes fav right now is dumbo, so he would totally die to see that baby and her mama! when does the zoo close...or does it?