So, in a rather unexpected yet very welcome turn of events, I have been cast as Ariel Moore in the musical Footloose! (Don't worry, I included a photo of the infamous preacher's daughter from the 1984
film that inspired the musical, just to jog your memory...) I'm so excited about this opportunity and so excited for my fancy red cowboy boots! So far rehearsals have been going GREAT -- I really think it's going to be an awesome show, and I don't say that about every show I'm in haha. Just to warn you, however, there is a song called "The Girl Gets Around"... yes, that's really what it's called and, yes, and it's about me, Ariel ... don't judge me! :) Seriously, though, it's going to be a really fun show, and I want everyone to come see it! It's at the SCERA Shell (the outdoor theater in the middle of the park) in Orem on State Street and 800 South and it runs from July 5-19 every night at 8:00pm except Wednesday and Sunday nights. Here's a link to the SCERA's website. It'll make a great date, family home evening activity, or just a fun summer night -- so bring a blanket, lots of friends, and come ready to sing and dance along!
film that inspired the musical, just to jog your memory...) I'm so excited about this opportunity and so excited for my fancy red cowboy boots! So far rehearsals have been going GREAT -- I really think it's going to be an awesome show, and I don't say that about every show I'm in haha. Just to warn you, however, there is a song called "The Girl Gets Around"... yes, that's really what it's called and, yes, and it's about me, Ariel ... don't judge me! :) Seriously, though, it's going to be a really fun show, and I want everyone to come see it! It's at the SCERA Shell (the outdoor theater in the middle of the park) in Orem on State Street and 800 South and it runs from July 5-19 every night at 8:00pm except Wednesday and Sunday nights. Here's a link to the SCERA's website. It'll make a great date, family home evening activity, or just a fun summer night -- so bring a blanket, lots of friends, and come ready to sing and dance along!
2 comments:
every once in a while, I check to see if you have returned to the blogosphere. WOW! I'm shocked to see a post. And we will definitely come see you in Footloose, even if it means I have to explain what "gets around" means to Hadley (or Maddox, the more likely scenario) and then have the conversation continue to one of them wondering why their Aunt Kryssy gets around. Congratulations, Sweetie. We love you!
Same here! I love the post! the picture of you guys is great! We will definitely come to the play, I am so excited to see you! hip hip hurray!
Post a Comment